Community Lincs Digital Photographic Competition
Terms and Conditions of Entry
The themes for Community Lincs Digital Photographic Competition 2017 are:
“Things that make me smile in my community”
“Lincolnshire’s big skies from dawn to dusk”
- All entry photographs must be taken within the county of Lincolnshire only.
- Entrants can submit ONE PHOTOGRAPH ONLY (if more than one image is submitted then your entry will automatically be disqualified). The image must be sent in electronic format as per the entry form details. By submitting your photograph you will be agreeing for Community Lincs to use this photograph in any future publications etc should they decide to do so. Please tick that you agree to this in the box provided when entering your photograph. If you do not wish us to use your name alongside the photograph please inform us of this.
- Images may be digitally enhanced to remove spots or scratches but not manipulated. Entrants can enhance the picture to make it brighter, clearer etc, but not manipulate the content. Community Lincs judges reserve the right to exclude any image they believe may have been excessively treated so as to alter its authenticity.
- The competition is open to UK residents only. Employees and Board Members of Community Lincs as well as members of their immediate family are not eligible to enter.
- Entrants must be amateur and not professional photographers.
- The entry form should be filled out with your name, address, contact telephone number and email address, also the title of the photograph and location of where it was taken.
- Entries should be emailed to Community Lincs via the email address provided on the form and must be no larger in size than 3MB
- The competition closes at midnight on the end of each Category.
- All entries will be judged by a panel of judges. who will determine, in their opinion, which photograph best illustrates the theme of the competition. They will consider a range of factors including composition, technical ability, originality, interpretation of the brief and the broad appeal of the photograph.
- The prize for the winner in each class will be a £80 Love to Shop Voucher. and a certificate
- The prize is as stated. There is no cash alternative and it cannot be sold or transferred.
- Any photographs entered may appear in our newsletters and any other publications that Community Lincs choose to use them in.
- The judges’ decision will be final and no correspondence can be entered into.
- All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party. The entrants must be the sole owner of copyright in the photograph entered and must have obtained permission of any people featured in the entries, or their parents/guardians if children under 16 are featured. Entrants must not have breached any laws when taking their photograph.
- Prior to submission, entrants must not have offered their entry for sale, been paid for any publication of their entry, or won or been runner-up in any other photographic competition with the entry.
- Entrants will retain copyright in the photograph that they submit to Community Lincs. By entering the competition, all entrants grant to Community Lincs the right to publish and exhibit their photograph on the Community Lincs website and exhibit their photograph in print on respective websites or in any other media. No fees will be payable for any of the above uses. While we will make every effort to credit photographers, including in printed reproductions of their work, we cannot guarantee that every use of the photograph will include the photographers’ names.
- By entering, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these rules and Community Lincs reserves the right to exclude any entry from the competition at any time and at its absolute discretion if it is believed that an entrant has breached these rules.
- Community Lincs reserves the right to cancel this competition or alter any of the rules at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise out of control. If there are not enough entries to a category deemed enough for judging then these photographs will be entered into the next category if they fit within the subject matter.
- If the winner is unable to be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made Community Lincs reserves the right to offer the prize to the runner-up.
- The competition is administered by Community Lincs and sponsored by The Sleaford and District Lions Club.