What help can Good Neighbour Schemes provide?
Community Lincs has been working in partnership with communities in Lincolnshire wishing to set-up Good Neighbour Schemes and, during the past two years, 6 new Good Neighbour Schemes have become ‘live’ offering a range of support activities for local residents such as:
- Collecting prescriptions and library books
- Dog walking
- Form filling
- Help with shopping
- IT support for the visually impaired
- Transport and support with social activities
- Transport to appointments (hospital, doctors, dentists, vets etc.)
The 6 new ‘live’ schemes are:
- Community Spirit Good Neighbour Scheme covering the Heckington and Great Hale area
- Gosberton and Quadring Good Neighbour Scheme covering Gosberton and Quadring
- Linkwell Good Neighbour Scheme covering Aslackby, Billingborough, Dowsby, Horbling, Pointon, Sempringham and Threekingham
- Saxilby and Ingleby Good Neighbour Scheme covering the parish of Saxilby with Ingleby
- Spilsby Good Neighbour Scheme covering Spilsby and communities in the PE23 postcode
- Swineshead Friends Good Neighbour Scheme covering the parish of Swineshead
Schemes in Development
- Mablethorpe, Sutton-On-Sea and Trusthorpe
- Holbeach, Long Sutton and Sutton Bridge
- Sincil Bank, Lincoln
Other communities showing an interest
Discussions are also taking place in Boston, Gainsborough, Lincoln, and Wragby to investigate the possibility of setting-up new Good Neighbour Schemes. Many other communities are currently investigating the Good Neighbour Scheme initiative.
What help is available?
Interested communities should contact Samantha Smith or William Gray at YMCA Community Lincs for further details on what help is available.
Funding is enabling YMCA Community Lincs to work with local communities and many local partners including Parish and Town Councils, churches, surgeries, shops, schools and other community organisations to develop inclusive schemes in appropriate locations.
What do I do next?
If you would like to volunteer or your local community would like to consider setting-up a Good Neighbour Scheme, please contact YMCA Community Lincs on 01529 302466 or e-mail email@example.com. We would very much like to hear from you.
Visit the YMCA Community Lincs website dedicated Good Neighbour Scheme page for more information about how your community can get involved in setting up a Good Neighbour Scheme.