- What are the issues concerning your community?
- Which ones do people prioritise the most?
- What action would people like to take?
If a community wants to be effective and successful campaigners or wishes to see projects undertaken in their community, they will need to be able to show how they have engaged fully with everyone and understand their needs and priorities. This evidence will be very important in influencing the help available to them from Government, Local Authorities and funders. Failure to fully demonstrate need and support will undermine this provision.
All funders are reluctant to commit to issues that have not been clearly evidenced. For smaller communities a lengthy consultation process is often impractical and beyond their means. This is why Community Lincs is offering a light touch approach tailored to support smaller parishes and communities called a Community Review.
What is a Community Review?
- A bespoke community consultation
- Fully facilitated by a Community Lincs team
- Including activities to identify and prioritise local needs and issues
- Capturing and recording all views
- Identifying actions to be taken
- Provision of an Action Plan report that has demonstrable endorsement from the local community
How does it work?
Community Lincs will provide publicity materials for distribution, ateam of skilled staff to facilitate the event, all tools and materials, a balanced record of views from the event, the provision of an Action Plan and presentation of the Action Plan to the Community. The Community will provide distribution of publicity materials, a venue for the event along with refreshments to keep everyone going and volunteer helpers.
If you would like further information, including costs, please contact Janet Clark on 01529 301962 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org