About Community Lincs, part of YMCA Lincolnshire
Community Lincs merged with YMCA Lincolnshire in 2019. As part of the YMCA Lincolnshire communities team we are working to create a Lincolnshire where people are connected, communities thrive and opportunities exist for all. We have offered vital services across Lincolnshire for over 90 years and maintain a clear and steady focus on the needs of Lincolnshire people.
As community experts, we pride ourselves on being a listening and learning organisation, directly responding to our communities needs. We harness the wealth of skills and experience we have developed over this time and work closely with people, communities, our local authority partners, statutory groups and funders to offer high-quality and needs-led services.
We work with people, giving them the skills, resources, connections and confidence to help them deliver a better future for themselves, the people they care about and the communities they live in. Ever mindful of embedding positive change, new opportunities and ongoing sustainability in every project we deliver, our impact is wide ranging. Along with a link to the YMCA page, we have included some of the community projects below:
VISION, MISSION AND VALUES
Our Vision underpins all our work, informing our mission and encompassing our values.
Our vision is a Lincolnshire where people are connected, communities thrive and opportunities exist for all
Our mission is to:
- Give Lincolnshire communities a voice through advocacy and support.
- Address loneliness, isolation and wellbeing through system design and direct service delivery to individuals and communities.
- Deliver grassroots community development work with a focus on community resilience and wellbeing.
- Create connections for Lincolnshire people with opportunities to achieve fulfilling lives in terms of physical and mental health, social networks, education, employment, and housing.
- Work within partnerships and alliances with other organisations to deliver all of the above, while this is in the best interests of our beneficiaries
As we work towards achieving our Mission, we will lead by example in demonstrating the same values that we wish to see in the people we work with and those we aim to influence.
- We act with integrity
- We are caring
- We are respectful
- We are ethical
- We are professional
- We are accountable
- We are committed to excellence
We are a caring organisation; as individuals we are respectful, ethical and professional at all times. We act with integrity and are fully accountable for all our actions whilst striving for and being committed to excellence.