The aim of this session is to enable your organisation to carry out routine visual playground inspections safely and to take appropriate follow up actions.
Our trainer, a member of the Register of Play Inspectors International Ltd (RPII), will lead a session on:
- Child development, the importance of play and accessibility
- Risk benefit judgments
- Legal, the appropriate Acts of Parliament, European Standards and how they may affect the operator and directly the inspector
- A logical and systematic approach to inspecting including risk assessment
- Practical inspection of approaches to playground including signs, traffic, road barriers, playground surround, vegetation, fences and gates
- Practical inspection of the active playground area within the fenced surround, seats, litter bins, vegetation, lighting, other furniture, non-play items and surfacing
- Essential aspects of inspection, maintenance and common faults
- Documentation, reporting and importance of record keeping
- How to minimise your risks and maximise children’s enjoyment of your play facility
Our next training events is as follows:
Date: Tuesday 27th February 2018
Time: Registration from 9.00am, session time: 9.30am – 3.00pm
Venue: Dunston Village Hall, Chapel Lane, Dunston, LN4 2ET
When you attend our training, please note:
Wear appropriate WARM waterproof clothing, sturdy footwear and bring a brolly. Even if it is raining outside, the practical inspection will still take place!!
To keep costs reasonable, we do not provide lunch, but hot drinks, fruit and biscuits will be available.
For a booking form and to reserve your place(s) please contact our event’s organiser Jenny Stone on 01529 302466 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are unable to attend the training you are booked on, you may substitute, by prior arrangement and after notifying us, someone else from your organisation.
If you are unable to attend, and not in a position either to transfer your place to another person, then the following charges will apply:
Cancellation charges – training courses
- 16-12 weeks before the course: 25% of the fee
- 12-8 weeks before the course: 50% of the fee
- 8-2 weeks before the course: 75% of the fee
- Less than 14 days before the course: 100% of the fee
- Non-attendance: 100% of the fee
If you have any further questions about our cancellation policy, please contact us.