The aim of this session is to enable your organisation to carry out routine visual playground inspections safely and to take appropriate follow up actions.
Our trainer, a member of the Register of Play Inspectors International Ltd (RPII), will lead a session on:
- Child development, the importance of play and accessibility
- Risk benefit judgments
- Legal, the appropriate Acts of Parliament, European Standards and how they may affect the operator and directly the inspector
- A logical and systematic approach to inspecting including risk assessment
- Practical inspection of approaches to playground including signs, traffic, road barriers, playground surround, vegetation, fences and gates
- Practical inspection of the active playground area within the fenced surround, seats, litter bins, vegetation, lighting, other furniture, non-play items and surfacing
- Essential aspects of inspection, maintenance and common faults
- Documentation, reporting and importance of record keeping
- How to minimise your risks and maximise children’s enjoyment of your play facility
Date: Tuesday 17th October 2017
Time: Registration from 9.00am, session time: 9.30am – 3.00pm
Venue: Billinghay Village Hall, Ringmoor Close, Billinghay, LN4 4EX
For a booking form and to reserve your place(s) please contact our event’s organiser Jenny Stone on
01529 302466 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are unable to attend the training you are booked on, you may substitute, by prior arrangement and after notifying us, someone else from your organisation.
If you are unable to attend, and not in a position either to transfer your place to another person, then the following charges will apply:
Cancellation charges – training courses
- 16-12 weeks before the course: 25% of the fee
- 12-8 weeks before the course: 50% of the fee
- 8-2 weeks before the course: 75% of the fee
- Less than 14 days before the course: 100% of the fee
- Non-attendance: 100% of the fee
If you have any further questions about our cancellation policy, please contact us.