The aim of this session is to enable your organisation to carry out routine visual playground inspections safely and to take appropriate follow up actions.
Our trainer, a member of the Register of Play Inspectors International Ltd (RPII), will lead a session on:
- Child development, the importance of play and accessibility
- Risk benefit judgments
- Legal, the appropriate Acts of Parliament, European Standards and how they may affect the operator and directly the inspector
- A logical and systematic approach to inspecting including risk assessment
- Practical inspection of approaches to playground including signs, traffic, road barriers, playground surround, vegetation, fences and gates
- Practical inspection of the active playground area within the fenced surround, seats, litter bins, vegetation, lighting, other furniture, non-play items and surfacing
- Essential aspects of inspection, maintenance and common faults
- Documentation, reporting and importance of record keeping
- How to minimise your risks and maximise children’s enjoyment of your play facility
Date: Tuesday 17th October 2017
Time: Registration from 9.00am, session time: 9.30am – 3.00pm
Venue: Billinghay Village Hall, Ringmoor Close, Billinghay, LN4 4EX
For a booking form and to reserve your place(s) please contact our event’s organiser Jenny Stone on
01529 302466 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.