Community Lincs has been working in partnership with communities in Lincolnshire wishing to set-up Good Neighbour Schemes and, during the past 18 months, 6 new Good Neighbour Schemes have become ‘live’ offering a range of support activities for local residents including companionship, help with shopping, transport to appointments and dog walking. The 6 new ‘live’ schemes are:
- Community Spirit Good Neighbour Scheme covering the Heckington and Great Hale area
- Gosberton and Quadring Good Neighbour Scheme covering Gosberton and Quadring
- Linkwell Good Neighbour Scheme covering Aslackby, Billingborough, Dowsby, Horbling, Pointon, Sempringham and Threekingham
- Saxilby and Ingleby Good Neighbour Scheme
- Spilsby Good Neighbour Scheme covering Spilsby and communities in the PE23 postcode
- Swineshead Friends Good Neighbour Scheme covering the parish of Swineshead
Consultation activities are also being planned in the near future in Gainsborough, Mablethorpe with Sutton-on-Sea and Wragby.
A new GNS Start-up Grant of up to £500 is now available via Community Lincs for eligible schemes. Interested communities should contact Sharon Keeble or Roy Pell for further details and an application form.
Funding from T.E.D. in East Lindsey and the Lincolnshire Co-op is enabling Community Lincs to work with local communities and many local partners including Parish and Town Councils, churches, surgeries, shops, schools and other community organisations to develop inclusive schemes in appropriate locations.
A job vacancy is currently being advertised for a 1 year fixed-term Good Neighbour Scheme Development Officer. Further details of the post and how to apply can be found at http://communitylincs.com/jobs-with-community-lincs-good-neighbour-scheme-development-officer/
If you or your local community would like to consider setting-up a Good Neighbour Scheme, please contact Community Lincs on 01529 302466 or email firstname.lastname@example.org We would very much like to hear from you.
More information about how your community can get involved in setting up a Good Neighbour Scheme visit the website at http://communitylincs.com/individuals/making-connections/good-neighbours-schemes-helping-community/